Talent Ready Utah Grant FY20
|Grant Title:||Talent Ready Utah Grant FY20|
|Funding Source:||State of Utah General Funds, Job Growth Fund|
|Total Grant Amount:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||Unknown|
|Application Deadline:||April 26, 2019: Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 PM. Proposals received after 5:00 PM will not be accepted. Proposals may not be faxed.|
|Pre-Award Risk Assessment Deadline:||N/A|
|Program Start Date:||July 1, 2019|
|Program End Date:||June 30, 2020|
|Pre-Proposal Meeting (in person):||March 26, 2019
Utah State Capitol Board Room, Second Floor
Utah State Capitol Building
Salt Lake City, UT
|Contact Information:||Melisa Stark, Program Manager, (801) 628-4051, firstname.lastname@example.org or John Bennett, Contract Analyst, (801) 671-9977, email@example.com|
Projects Increase the number of individuals who earn industry-recognized credentials; Develop career pathways with multiple entry and exit points for students along the post-secondary education continuum; and establish partnerships, agreements, processes, and programs that better connect education, training, workforce, and employers to meet industry needs within the regional economy.
This Grant will provide funding to:
- Public post-secondary educational institutions to develop, implement, or enhance educational programs responsive to regional and statewide industry needs to include career pathways, apprenticeships and stackable credentials in high-growth, high-wage and STEM industries.
- Industry Trade Associations located in Utah serving high-growth, high-wage industries and occupations or regional economic need (partnered with a public post-secondary educational institution).
- Public school districts, individual schools, or charter schools to develop, implement, or enhance career pathway programs and connect them to post-secondary institutions. Funding may also be used to develop, implement, or enhance STEM programs or STEM activities in the classroom. This may include Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs and Work-Based Learning (WBL) activities.
Who May Apply:
- Funding is available for Public Post-Secondary Educational Institutions
- Industry Trade Associations
- Public School Districts
- Individual Public Schools
- Charter Schools